It’s that time of year when the veil is at its thinnest. The witches and monsters come out to play. When the magic is the strongest it’s been at midnight!
Hey, guys! HAPPY HALLOW’S EVE!! So as I have promised, here are your Halloween and extra prompts!
- It’s an old house. For the most of the year, anyways…
- She had powers, but only on Halloween.
- Burning is the only way to destroy it.
- Can you see her? Or Why is she invisible?
- They appeared out of no where.
- “What are those?” “Blood.”
- He will always protect her…why?
- Is she dreaming? Or is the world coming to an end?
- There’s blood, but there isn’t a body…anywhere….
- Monsters in the dark, aren’t always afraid of the dark…
Well, that’s it for today, be safe, have fun and have a happy Hallow’s Eve!
Goodbye, my lovelies!
Well, it’s almost here. As I am writing this and when this post goes up, it will be 5 days. Holy mother of pearl!! That’s not a lot of time!
I know I don’t have that much experience in winning, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have tips from, failing!
- Plan Ahead: Trust me, if you don’t have a plan of any type; from the schedule to a plan for your novel. It will be less likely that you win or even keep up your word count.
- Don’t Stress Yourself Out: Don’t stress, I mean it. If you get behind on you count, you are gonna stress. What you should do instead is spread your count out. If you do the 1667 a day and miss a day, then you just add it to the rest of your word count until you’re up.
- Keep Track: Now, I don’t just mean your word count. I also mean the fact that you should keep track of word count on your documents if you are saving in more than one place. That way if you don’t delete the wrong doc when you are done. Even if you don’t delete the document.
- SLEEP!: I can not stress this enough. If you don’t sleep you will not be at your best.
- Have Fun: And lastly, if you are not having fun then there really isn’t a point to it.
Talk to you guys soon! Goodbye, my lovelies!
Hey, Guys! How was your weekend? Mine was meh.
So,when I first started Nano, I was in grade 12 (? I, believe?). And with my first nano; came the first Nano novel. It was called The Coral Crown. It was about a girl who was a professor and her techie friend who go looking for this crown in Atlantis. And she ends up arrested by the merfolk. It was kinda like an Indiana Jones with magic and technology. But it’s also about a bit of Little Mermaid reversed. It’s a bit strange and it was definitely something that I would want to be published. Anyways!
But at the time, I was so proud of that, and I had gotten so far in the story before I lost half of my story!! I am not kidding! I was so sad that I dropped out of Nano. I even wrote down what my word count was; 32000ish (I hadn’t updated my word count on the Nano site), but as I said, it’s not fair. So I learned my lesson with the saving…I had watched people say, “SAVE YOUR WORK!” and I completely ignored it…until it was too late…Because I did save my work. But what happened was I had combined it and deleted the wrong one…Now I know what you are thinking…Just go back into your bin…I had also emptied it…that same time I deleted and combined the files…I definitely learned my lesson.
So! Now onto last year. Last year was about a girl that lost her family and had to live with her cousin, who she hasn’t met. And how he’s secretly a spy and she meets a ghost who she can only see, and she falls for the wrong guys and she gets magical powers because of that wrong guy and she gets into a coma, and it’s another weird one. And with that one, I got to 25000. That was my highest novel with not losing my words.
As I have said, I won’t be telling you about this years, only because I want to actually finish it. But I will be telling you about it, if I win, in December. And I don’t think I will be posting on the 5th of December…It’s my birthday and that will be a day off. So that’s it for today!
Goodbye, my lovelies!!
Ps. Wednesday will be an update on my outline/ summary words.
Hey, guys! Sorry, this one is so late. So here are the five prompts. I should mention that on Halloween because it’s Halloween and the day before Nano starts I’ll be giving you guys 10 prompts instead of the five I now do on Fridays.
- She’s running. But what is she running from?
- “We cαn eαsιlʏ ғσrgive α cнιld wнσ ιs αғrαιd σғ тнe dαrκ; тнe reαl тrαgedʏ σғ lιғe ιs wнen мen αre αғrαιd σғ тнe lιgнт.”
- Royalty? Or a warrior?
- What is she waiting for?
- Don’t think I really have to say much.
That’s all for today! See you on Monday!
Goodbye, my lovelies!
Hey, guys! If you haven’t heard of NaNoWriMo, a.k.a National Novel Writing Month. It’s where you write a novel of 50,000 words in one month. And that month is November. I actually don’t know why it’s in November, but whatever.
Now a little background on my Nano…I lost every time I did Nano. Sure it was only two years, but things got busy and lame and I lost…BUT NOT THIS YEAR!! This year I plan to win. Mostly because I am really into this story. I was really into my stories last time, but I had missed a day last year, but the first year I lost all my words. I had deleted my right copy that had all the words and not deleted the wrong not updated copy.
But I learned my lesson.
I don’t think I’m going to actually tell you about my novel. At least not until Nano actually starts.
Goodbye, my lovelies!!
Sorry guys. I missed Friday again. So here are some prompts for today from Friday. I had planned it out for Friday, but it turned out that I got really busy with putting flooring down in my mum’s room. So not much writing got done sadly.
- They’re in the cells, what is their relationship, why are they there…
- Same book. They switch books. One has cryptic messages that the other has to figure out while trying to get it back to the original owner. (You can decide how it goes)
- Her favourite spot. Or, is she going to jump? Or simply daydreaming.
- He was so young, but the visions he had seen were too much for even the oldest and bravest to have seen. (What visions? War and sorrow, or the future?)
- Don’t think I have to say much with this one.
- (Bonus!) They have been best friends since they were both kits. The guy’s spirit animal manifested when he was young. And it was the first time in history to be a real animal. They can understand each other.
The last one’s my favourite! So, the title says nanowrimo. I’ve never won nano and I don’t know if I will be doing nano, but I’ll have an answer for you guys on Wednesday.
Goodbye, my lovelies!!
Hey, guys! So, distractions.
Normally I’d write at my favourite Starbucks downtown. Or at a coffee shop. I am one of those writers that can’t write with total white noise or silence. It doesn’t work. So I go to the Starbucks and listen to music with my coffee.
Now, this week, I since I am alone for a few days. I can’t do that. So my new distraction is the dog…He’s cute and all, but still in the puppy mode. So I found that the only way for him to calm down.
Is for him to sleep on my lap at the desk. Curled into a blanket.
I also, like most, get distracted by the internet. But then I remember that I have writing to do.
That’s all for today. I’ll see you guys on Friday with prompts.
Goodbye my lovelies!
So here’s the thing, today’s post isn’t really going to be much. Because I am in Canada, thanksgiving for us is today. So no real post. Just an update.
Writing Update: I have started on the first draft. I have also found some writing buddies. I found them on a site called, Ladies Who Critique, so far they’ve been lovely.
That’s all, goodbye, my lovelies!!
Hey, guys, it’s prompt day! And here they are:
- What is here story?
- They make you write with your soul. But only as a punishment.
- They’re not dead. They are training, but for what?
- Lost wolf? Or Lupine?
- Was the wolf really evil? Or was Red in the right?
That’s it. And here are your prompts for the day. Hope you find them interesting. I find these are better in my book. I find images tell stories, many of the stories are untold.
See you guys Monday. Goodbye, my lovelies!